The mission of Ririe School District #252, in partnership with the community, is to prepare students for the future enabling every student to gain knowledge and skills, to develop confidence, to value lifelong learning, and to become responsible, contributing members of our changing world.
4 Day Week Information
The Board of Trustees is seeking community input as they discuss the option of a 4 day week.
Review the 4 day research summary (4 Day Research)
Read professional research and student achievement results (all other documents)
View Poll Results
We value and look forward to your honest and informed opinion on the 4 day week. The Board of Trustees is committed to making a decision that will be best for all students, staff, parents, and community members.
Questions about the new SBAC testing? Check out the attachment for FAQs
More Information on the new SBAC Testing.
School Board Meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of every month in the Elem/MS Library starting in March.
Positive Happenings 2013-2014
1. Check out our awesome BPA program http://www.localnews8.com/video/Ririe-BPA-students-head-to-nationals/25278998
1. RHS Scholastic Bowl took 1st place at Regionals. Great job students and coaches.
2. Austin Barnes was chosen as the 2014 Mr. RHS at the March 15th program.
3. BPA State results-
Anthony Richards - Digital Media Production - Top 10
Kaden Shaw - Java Programming - Top 10
Chance Merritt, Kenedee Moon - Global Marketing Team - Top 6
Britnee Egan, Jacob Hayes, Anthony Richards, Quaden Bond- Broadcast News Media - Top 6
Jeff Larsen, Zach Keyes, Joey Winjum, Kenneth Baxter - Video Production Team - 2nd place (qualified for Nationals)
Sam Wilson, Braydon Olson, Ritter Jacobson, Austin Earl - Computer Animation Team - 2nd place (qualified for Nationals)
Quaden Bond and Mariah Hulse - Torch Awards
4. Girls Basketball took 2nd at State
5. Madeline Connaughton was awarded the Bob Martin/Earl Chapple sportsmanship scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to a student athlete who best represents sportsmanship in High School Athletics.
6. Wrestling team placed 6th at State
Radney Smith was 1st in his division
TJ Thacker was 2nd in his division
Zac Anderson was 3rd in his division
Nathan Ker was 5th in his division
Dakota Murdock was 6th in his division
7. English teacher, Karlee Cysewski was selected as a winner of the Knopf Doubleday book giveaway. She will receive a classroom set of books to use next year.
8. Click on the link to see the RHS Second Trimester Academic Awards
1. Twenty-four Ririe high school students qualified to compete at the State BPA competition in March: Kenneth Baxter; Quaden Bond; Erin Brown; Madison Brown; Austin Earl;Britnee Egan; Brooke Griffith; Jacob Hayes; Kaitlyn Hayes; Dean Hodges; Nathanael Hodson; Katie Hulse; Mariah Hulse; Ritter Jacobson; Carter Johnson; Zachary Keyes; Jeff Larsen; Chance Merritt; Kenedee Moon;Braydon Olson; Anthony Richards; Kaden Shaw; Sam Wilson; Joey Winjum
1. Wrestlers took 1st at Firth Tournament
2. Quaden Bond recognized as Distinguished Student of the Week on Local News 8 http://www.localnews8.com/video/Quaden-Bond-Distinguished-Student/-/461276/23749434/-/bdnmn5z/-/index.html
3. RHS teachers set a goal to lower the % of students earning an F. We set an all time low during 1st trimester.
1. Science teacher, Andy Bosworth, finished his first year of research at the INL through the Partners In Science Program. Mr. Bosworth is studying the effects of climate change on carbon allocation in sage brush ecosystems. He will continue his studies at ISU this comining summer.
2. RHS Drama students Brailey Newman and Bryhton Harris qualified for and participated in the State drama competition in Twin Falls.
3. RHS students created anti-bullying video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKsK-xY3ds
4. RHS 1st Trimester Academic Awards.
1. Aaron Gundersen - Estudiante Extraordinario
2. Kirsten Bowsher- Outstanding Health Student
3. Jordan Hill - Outstanding Student Council Member
4. Hailey Lewis - Outstanding Government Student
5. Carrie Ashcraft- Excellence in English
6. Bryhton Harris- Excellence in English
7. Jayda Jorgensen-Awesome Algebra Student
8. Tyler Criddle- Geometry Giant
9. Seth Bowers-FCCLA Leadership Award
10. Gicela Rosas-FCCLA Leadership Award
11. Lucas Cromwell- Best Guitar
12. Whitney Chase- Swing Choir
13. Natalia Green- Top Biologist
14. Zane Zeller- Top Ecologist
15. Bryan Fisher - Dedicated Math Student
16. Brooke Griffith - Most Improved Math Student
17. Kaden Shaw - Excellence in Physical Science A
18. Amy Johnson - Excellence in Chemistry A
19. Whitney Chase - Outstanding Historian
20. Lucas Cromwell - Ironman Weightlifter
21. Seth Bowers-Excellence in Business Math
22. Haddi Williams-Excellence in Publishing & Video Production
23. Angel Johnson-Dedicated to Drama
24. Kenneth Baxter III-Outstanding Orator
25. Nathan Rice- Outstanding Driver
1. Kenedee Moon recognized as the Distinguished Student of the Week on Local News 8. http://www.localnews8.com/news/kenedee-moon-distinguished-student/-/308662/22677768/-/39fkef/-/index.html
2. Five RHS FFA members and their teacher, Jake Landon attended the National FFA Convention in Louisville Kentucky.
3. Naomi Marion and Cory Anderson represented RHS at the State Cross Country Meet in Idaho Falls
4. Whitney Chase placed 3rd in the Voice of Democracy Contest.
5. Mr. Torgerson was awarded "Teacher of the Year" by the VFW.
6. Braily Newman and Bryhton Harris qaulified for State Drama.
7. Mrs. Kilpatrick and the Ririe Music Dept. received a grant for $1,500 from the CHC Foundation to purchase 40 ukuleles and 40 books.
8. Mrs. Mayes and Mrs. Coombs applied for and received a grant for $5,000 from the Idaho Commission for Libraries Mini Grant. Funds will be used to purchase library books.
1. TJ Thacker recognized as the Distinguished Student of the Week on Local News 8. http://www.localnews8.com/news/distinguished-student-tj-thacker/-/308662/22033284/-/lq4u6w/-/index.html
2. Average Daily Attendance (ADA) is 98.2%. Thanks to students and parents for making attendance a priority. Keep up the good work.
3. The Elementary/Middle School began a Character Campaign. They are trying to catch kids being "good" and showing good character. Ask your student about the 3 R'S.
4. Check out our new "College Corner" on the High School Webpage. Information available regarding classes, testing, preparing for college and scholarships. Please subscribe to the scholarship link so you can receive updates on new scholarships.
1. Amy Johnson recognized as the Distinguished Student of the Week on Local News 8.http://www.localnews8.com/news/distinguished-student-amy-johnson/-/308662/21913062/-/atqtr8z/-/index.html
2. September Monthly Positive Promotion
Information from the Superintendent
This year we have set a goal to improve in four areas:
1. Student Safety
2. Excellence in Education
3. Fiscal Responsibility
4. Home-School Relations
Various strategies will be used to accomplish these goals.
We ask each of you to help us by:
1. Avoid using reverse while picking up and dropping off children.
2. Access the following website with your children to practice the SBAC test: (This test will replace the ISAT for grades 3-11)
3. Assure your children attend school each and every day. Specifically the 1st 36 days of school (until Nov.1st). If we increase the % of students attending by 1%, the state will fund our district an extra $100,000.
4. Spread news about positive happenings in our schools. A list can be found on our website.
Special Thanks to Our 2013/2014 Sponsors!