The mission of Ririe School District #252, in partnership with the community, is to prepare students for the future enabling every student to gain knowledge and skills, to develop confidence, to value lifelong learning, and to become responsible, contributing members of our changing world.
Questions about the new SBAC testing? Check out the attachment for FAQs
Information from the Superintendent
This year we have set a goal to improve in four areas:
1. Student Safety
2. Excellence in Education
3. Fiscal Responsibility
4. Home-School Relations
Various strategies will be used to accomplish these goals.
We ask each of you to help us by:
1. Avoid using reverse while picking up and dropping off children.
2. Access the following website with your children to practice the SBAC test: (This test will replace the ISAT for grades 3-11)
3. Assure your children attend school each and every day. Specifically the 1st 36 days of school (until Nov.1st). If we increase the % of students attending by 1%, the state will fund our district an extra $100,000.
4. Spread news about positive happenings in our schools. A list can be found on our website.
Positive Happenings 2013
1. Kenedee Moon recognized as the Distinguished Student of the Week on Local News 8. http://www.localnews8.com/news/kenedee-moon-distinguished-student/-/308662/22677768/-/39fkef/-/index.html
2. Five RHS FFA members and their teacher, Jake Landon attended the National FFA Convention in Louisville Kentucky.
3. Naomi Marion and Cory Anderson represented RHS at the State Cross Country Meet in Idaho Falls
4. Whitney Chase placed 3rd in the Voice of Democracy Contest.
5. Mr. Torgerson was awarded "Teacher of the Year" by the VFW.
6. Braily Newman and Briton Harris qaulified for State Drama.
7. Mrs. Kilpatrick and the Ririe Music Dept. received a grant for $1,500 from the CHC Foundation to purchase 40 ukuleles and 40 books.
8. Mrs. Mayes and Mrs. Coombs applied for and received a grant for $5,000 from the Idaho Commission for Libraries Mini Grant. Funds will be used to purchase library books.
1. TJ Thacker recognized as the Distinguished Student of the Week on Local News 8. http://www.localnews8.com/news/distinguished-student-tj-thacker/-/308662/22033284/-/lq4u6w/-/index.html
2. Average Daily Attendance (ADA) is 98.2%. Thanks to students and parents for making attendance a priority. Keep up the good work.
3. The Elementary/Middle School began a Character Campaign. They are trying to catch kids being "good" and showing good character. Ask your student about the 3 R'S.
4. Check out our new "College Corner" on the High School Webpage. Information available regarding classes, testing, preparing for college and scholarships. Please subscribe to the scholarship link so you can receive updates on new scholarships.
1. Amy Johnson recognized as the Distinguished Student of the Week on Local News 8.http://www.localnews8.com/news/distinguished-student-amy-johnson/-/308662/21913062/-/atqtr8z/-/index.html
2. September Monthly Positive Promotion
Special Thanks to Our 2013/2014 Sponsors!